Finished Sewing Project: McCalls M7313

blog_dsc_6856

Since I started sewing, it’s been one of my goals to line a dress. I finally did it with my third version of McCalls M7313.

The pattern didn’t come with instructions for lining, so I used Colette’s tutorial to line the bodice, with one difference. Since my pattern had wider seam allowances than the Colette pattern, I trimmed and clipped the armhole seam allowances to reduce bulk.

I’m really pleased with how the bodice turned out, since the neckline and armholes are completely finished, without any topstitching required. This is going to be my go-to finishing technique from now on.

I’ve made this pattern three times so that I could adjust the fit and practice different techniques before sewing with my “good” fabric, some cranberry-colored fabric that I bought in Philadelphia last summer. But at this point, I need a break from this dress.

My next project will be the Zadie dress, which I bought on the day it was released, despite telling myself that I was done with knit dresses for awhile. I’m going to color-block it, either navy and emerald green or navy and red.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s